Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Back

I am back from a two week holiday at my grandparent's house in Segamat. Very tiresome indeed. And through this experience, I have made an oath never to take AirAsia again eventhough I know I'll probably end up in one unless MAS has offered a lower, better price. AirAsia as a budget airline enables you to walk, wait... run on the runway (not the one models strut on) and climb up the stairs into the plane. The best part (sarcasm intended) was they decided to reschedule out flight 6 hours earlier. Annoyance sets in as we were only notifyed the night before and I haven't finished packing. Had to wake up at 6.00 as the trip from Segamat to Senai International Airpot is approximately two and a half hours.

That's merely the description to and fro. In my grandparents' house, there's no Internet, no PS2, the television not monopolised by me and perhaps absolutely nothing to do except reading newspapers and storybooks or eating. I managed to read Brisingr by Christopher Paolini, the Complete Horowitz Horror by Anthony Horowitz, Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern, The Diamond of Drury Lane by Julia Golding. I loved Cat Royal! Then, my sister made the incidental discovery of a cheap monopoly board in the bookstore. Bought it, played it, went bankrupt. End of story. The richest person was my cousin.

Visited Malacca twice. My aunties, my mother and my little sister went shopping. We also went to the Butterfly Farm which was more of a campur aduk farm with reptilians and birds not forgetting to mention the koi fish. The butterfly section was rather costly. If you accidentally killed or stepped on the butterfly, you have to pay a fine of RM 200. It does not matter whether it was on the floor and you were too busy looking up at the other butterflies. And yes, before I forget, met Kher Ching at Pahlawan outside a Body Glove outlet. I guessed probably everyone was staring at us after describing our shock and saying the "Oh my Gods". Presumably, the expressions made were to awkward to be described merely within words.
Here are some of the pretty butterflies I managed to capture. I was too lazy to upload all of them.



Funny, butterflies enjoy feasting on pineapples




I particularly liked this one.



My grandmother's cooking is fantastic. And I learned to made kaya. It's not as easy you think it is. You have to stir it to smoothen out to texture and that needs patience, hard work and determination. Needless to say, I make a not-so-smooth textured kaya with impatience in hand. Moving on, my grandmother also roasted her special duck, mouth-watering fried chicken, popiah, yam stuffing, aubergine stir-fried with dried prawns and so much more.

During this period, my mother went mee curry crazy. So, my pitiful aunty had to bring her out to eat almost everyday. Plus me. It's a food frenzy over there. I go out for breakfast with my grandpa, take a tea break at the famous reknown Nanyang kopitiam and eat supper almost every day. It probably explains the weight gained.
So it must end here or I'll get to far off the line.

No comments: