Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Tragic Loss


I found out Michael Jackson died during Math class yesterday. Maybe it was a rumour, I thought. But then the radio started playing all his songs in tribute to him after I got home.

This wasn't a dream after all. I was shocked and wondering, "How could the King of Pop be dead?" Truth be told, I really think Michael Jackson was one of the most iconic and influential in the music business. His eccentric dressing which no one can beat, his songs and cheoreography changed the perspective of music. Billy Jean and Scream are among my favourites. He broke down the racial barrier between the whites and blacks. Michael Jackson touched generations with his music and electrifying performances.

It's just hard to believe he's gone.

I never expected him to pass away all of a sudden although he was accused of child molestation and constantly doing plastic surgery. He may be weird, but there's no denying he is the best.
His death is an awful loss not only to the music industry, but to the world, people everywhere. You will always be remembered, RIP Michael Jackson.

No comments: