Saturday, January 24, 2009

Preparations

I haven't been able to post anything since the beginning of January as I was unfortunately busy for awhile. School has started for almost three weeks and it's rather depressing. Our class have a lot of free periods compared to other classes. The weather hasn't improved my mood much either. The fear of a flood rising constantly remains in my head after the incident back in 2006. School's cold but I didn't buy the school jacket. So, obviously, I stayed cold, hoping the sun will rise and brighten up my day.

Today is the day before the eve of Chinese New Year which means...

Lots of Cleaning!
Arranging mandarin oranges(Lo Kam) where they rightfully belong
Filling cookies into jars and more
et cetera et cetera
I am really exhausted after washing the darn pillars, garage and the weeding. Awful weeding as in the weeds make my hands super itchy and painful. Wiping every single nook and cranny, not to mention all those delicate engravings/carvings on the furniture. Polishing the glass. Not exactly happily done but sastified.
But then,
The house now feels really, really clean and comfortable.
I guess it's worth it.
(smiles)
I liked to take this opportunity to wish everybody,
"Happy Chinese New Year!"
(Red is just to symbolise prosperity and of many fortunes to come)
Hopefully, the economic recession will improve in time and the impact shall be not that heavy.

No comments: