Saturday, November 15, 2008

Headache

My mother thinks she gets the headaches because of my horrible piano playing. But! I've found the real factor behind those major headaches and it's not exactly that.

My piano teacher asked me one day did my mother enjoy my music. Obviously, no. She asked why. So, I told her that my mother always complained and still complains about the headache that approaches after that. So this is my teacher's logic explanation, sound can be absorbed, right? (as we learn in Science)

My parents placed the piano in front of a wall which actually reflects the sound back into the room with tiled floors and walls without any carpets. The sound vibration hits the wall and reflects back to the living room, amplifying the music by at least three times.

Ways to solve this problem:

Option 1: Put a cloth behind the piano. Not approved *dibantah* by my mother as she believes
lizards will do its business behind there and dirty the place sadly. It was a pretty good
option though.

Option 2: Shift the piano. Indecisive about this option. We don't know where to move it cause
once you decide, there's no turning back! The heaviness doesn't help either.
My sister suggested the other end of the living room but it would still be the same and
the office won't work too. The other room is too small to fit in the piano. So, I
suggested the toilet.... XD Rather insane but apparently it has better acoustics. I mean
why not, since its huge and produces a "not so loud" sound that doesn't bring pain to
my mother's ears.


Piano + Toilet: Great music


No comments: