Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Raya is approaching and I bet everyone's pretty excited about it. Town is pretty busy especially Carpenter Street. Everyone's out shopping for new stuff. My dad is probably going to go on a open house frenzy again this year. We used to visit 16 to 23 houses a day. 16 to 23. It's not a joke. My dad's friends love to have him over at their house so in the end, we get heavily bloated. Imagine the amount of can drink intakes, cookies, cakes, curry, rendang and pulut stuffed in your mouth. My parents even time themselves how many minutes they can spend at each house just to make in time to everyone. My dad believes in pleasing everybody. Typical dad.

Seriously, it is crazy to eat non-stop. My father's friends absolutely love him to indulge in their homemade delicacies. Mouth-watering first, agony later. I remembered I was too greedy and ended up throwing up the whole night. Let's forget the not so happy part of Raya but refer to the much happier times. The best part about Hari Raya is you get food and joy of the festivities at the same time. Right.... Just kidding.

Hopefull, I'll be able to visit Mierah's and Brina's house with a couple of friends. Lastly, I liked to wish everybody, "Happy Holidays & Hope you enjoy studying!" and especially for the Malays,

"Selamat Hari Raya!
Maaf zahir dan batin"

No comments: