Monday, September 22, 2008

Interesting Recollections

This was taken three years ago. Not meant for implying humiliation nor embarassment. But I'm so proud of it.


Three years ago, SK St. Teresa's choral speaking joined the district, regionals and state choral speaking competition. Our year was absolutely awesome combining the Year 4 and 5's which we won champions for both the district and regionals. Sadly, we lost to Miri in the state competition held in Bintulu. I never forgotten how devastated we were that day. We preformed our really best but we were still a little bit too fast according to the judges. Throughout the whole thing, we gained many experiences and memorable moments including this.


Prize-giving Day 2005

(In case you've noticed, Evelyn and I were grinning our heads off at the back)

So that was the past, and now the present.

I present to you Michelle Ting massacring Ronan Keating's song.

And why so, you may ask. As we all gathered in the hall for assembly, I sat down with Martha, Sharon and Esterene. Martha was curiously fooling around with a piece of paper and scissors. Then, I noticed Marthat was writing something secretly on the paper. Out of curiosity, I asked her what it was and she just passed me the piece of paper, half of it cut by her razor sharp scissors.

The smile on your face, Let's me know that you need me, There's a truth in your eyes, Saying you'll never leave me, The touch of your hand says you'll catch me whenever I fall, You say it best, When you say nothing at all

The chorus was enough to make Martha sob uncontrollably as she said I "bunuh"ed the song. Her face was enough to prove I answered my tag truthfully and without doubt, filled with honesty. Sharon laughed at me too even though she sang along with me. Martha's face made me feel regretful for ever singing that song. I thought I touched her heart, but I saw more of resentment and unhappiness in her eyes to realize I was ruining it without doubt. Poor Martha, she had to bear with my singing for half an hour. With Sharon by her side, I think it was a lesser pain to the ears (crossed fingers).

Now I know, I have the power to kill any song with just uttering a single word. I shan't use it for unruly purposes or shall I? Who knows?

No comments: